Thursday, March 10, 2011

You have HOW MANY??

      This is a reaction I get quite often when my answer is four, kiddos that is. Twice this week I got very similar reactions, and last I checked 4 isn't that crazy!!  Statements like, "WOW- I think you are in this condition everytime I see you!" don't make me upset, because it actually does feel that way- 10 years, 5 pregnagncies!  Now Michelle Duggar must really get annoyed with her CONSTANT critisism of 19, but what a LOVELY family they have and No, not everyone or even very many mommas in the world should or could probably have this many- but my point is why are others concerned?? I OFTEN feel the need to act ugly and say" yes, we left the other 6 at home"  when asked if ALL four are ours.
I try to restrain myself but sometimes I do share the fact that"we may not even be done yet".  I smile at the gaping mouths and under the breath whispers , something about 'crazy' :)  I often scream on the inside, "Do we ask for your help?" "Do we ask for your money?"" Do you  hear me complaining I don't have enough 'ME' time" The Answer is NO!  We love our family soo much  and wouldn't change it for the world!( Unless God blesses us with one more:) You know you hear people say, sometimes, "man, I wish we would have went for for it and had just one more!" You NEVER hear, " Boy I wish we hadn't had that last one!"
         The hubs and I sometimes look at each other amongst the chaos going on around us and  say, "can you believe we have four kids?" and agree we both feel absolutely blessed!
These four children ( plus our angel baby, Austin, that I don't often mention as it may make some uncomfortable, but I can't NOT mention him, as he is one of my babies- only God takes care of him , instead of us) are our LIFE! 
       We, Lee and I, have had our "me" time and sometimes have date time(- although our last 4 wedding anniversaries were spent at the B'ville Kiddie Park)- we know one day we will again have "US" time, but we don't wish to rush it!  At dinner the other evening, the kids were feeling particularly energized, or I'll just say it, they were CRAZY, and Lee caught my glance that said, these kids are acting like their daddy again, and we started quietly singing-"DOOT DOOT DOODLE DOODLE DOOT DOOT DO DO" which, if you don't recognize it is Circus music- each little act in our party of six is trying to be in the center ring, being loud, doing their tricks, and sometimes we just have to sit back and enjoy the show.
    For some of you that may be reading this-it may have been years since we have seen each other and many have never met my children, though you may feel as though you know their personalities from my facebook posts, which they are often a subject of.  I thought I would do a little introduction of each of them, so  from now on you can put a sweet face to each silly story:)
Kayli ( in her jammies) with her flowers daddy got her after her play performance in OKLAHOMA:)


Kayli and Daddy dressed for the Daddy/Daughter dance, I would describe her as a sweetheart who likes to mother her brothers, shop with momma and fish with daddy all while wearing heels:)
A sick day home from school watching a movie on the laptop and a tray of "sick food", hmm.... I think want to have a sick day!
Dawson on a school field trip to the hospital, he was the pretend DAD, he played the part well.
Loves, loves, tractors and lawnmowers and well, anything with wheels.  His plans are to go to farmer college (OSU) and then come back home and farm and build a house in the back pasture so he can come eat dinner at my house every night, bc he is never getting married- he said he WOULD keep my yard mowed- a smart, sensitive little man!
Wyatt- I told him one day that it was a bit chilly so he may need a hat and he came out of his room very serious, with this Daniel Boone coonskin, instead of a stocking cap..always giving me chuckles and grins this one!
"Look mom, NO training wheels!!! "
Dawson and Wyatt are both obsessed with Monster trucks of any kind these days and here they are at one of many events that they went to with daddy.
Just keepin it real here, please note this is after a LONG day of labor- first pic of Carter Louis, Aug.18th:)
My little monkey boy- love's LUV's .. hee hee- He is my precious baby and is getting soo big, he sleeps like and angel and eats like a pig:)
It's me and Kayli versus these three and Daddy-but we LOVE every minute of it!

1 comment: