Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Lee's little project

 Scary pic here, I know!   We recently tested Lee's skills after watching HOURS of the DIY  (Do it yourself)network while stuck inside the house this Winter.  A small rent house .  A lot of blood sweat and tears, oh and some MONEY went into this but I think it shall turn into a good investment eventually.  Here a few before and after pics...The above is a shot of the DEN area.
Here is a pic of the DEN now, there is no longer a boarded door and the windows are going to be taken out to become a doorway to a small laundry room he is planning to build.

                                                             The lovely bathroom before:)
I only have a snapshot of the new shower here, but WOW does it look better! 
                          The smallest of the three bedrooms, it is a small house-built in the 50's but the ceilings are  high so it feels roomier.

 PINK!  Can you guess that the  little girl who is moving in chose this shade for her room.  The little bench is covering a pipe going against the back wall!
                                                 The second bedroom- YUCK :P  
                                        The nine year old moving in here loves it now, I think!
The third room.

                                               I'm loving it now, the color is very relaxing:)
                                      A look into the living area from the dining area..beautiful, huh?
 Here is that red wall now, after patching up a lot of holes and doing some texture, not too bad.
               Standing in the kitchen looking to the dining room after the nasty carpet was rolled up.

                                            The laminate floor really made a huge difference!
 Another shot of the back of the living room- I HATE paneling, so it came down immediately.
                                                         It looks much better white!



It is only a rent house, so we kept it simple and  inexpensive, but I think it looks pretty good for a first time project.  There are several more projects that need to be done, but renters are moved in- with all the  activities going on in this house of 6 it is hard to get to them or our own home's projects that are on a list a mile long- but it will happen..eventually, I keep telling myself that anyway:)

2 comments:

  1. Was the paneling on sheetrock or was it THE wall? That's our issue - most of our paneling IS the wall! Blech!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is great, Amanda! I'm glad to find your blog - somehow I had missed putting the address into my google reader when you posted it some time back... I love that green relaxing room... can you send me the color in a text, by any chance?

    ReplyDelete