Saturday, June 4, 2011

Baby I'm the lucky one!

          "Hey guys- we need to stop at the pirate store when we get to Tulsa,okay?"   I glanced over at Daddy and he had the same confused look I had.  "What do you mean WyWy?"  "YOU know, the place with all the pirate stuff so I can get an eye patch!" It was a thought from out of nowhere it seemed but,  I quickly realized  he meant the Party Supply store, but I was still trying to understand this need for an pirate eyepatch.   I looked back at him with my usual confused expression, and he dramatically pointed to his swollen, red, still closed tightly eye..."OH yea" nodding and attempting to muffle my giggle.  Daddy looks over and  I whisper a quick explanation.  Wyatt piped up from his spot in the van, as he heard me remind his dad  about the incident.  (Funny how they CANNOT hear you scream for them from down the hall, but the barely audible words that are exchanged between mommy and daddy are heard  perfectly every time???)
            We were all loading up for an afternoon  in T-town for a nice Anniversary dinner and the Driller's game that we were sent tickets  for, as an additional prize for Dawson's Storyboard contest win.  He, along with the other winners were to be recognized ON THE FIELD before the game-big deal for a little guy for sure!   The new stadium was a place we had been wanting to take the kids to see, but hadn't made it yet, so tonight was a great day to take them out to the ball game!  The excitement had been building all morning and I could only guess  because it was a sunny day, Wyatt disappeared as we were loading up.  Grabbing his visor and sun glasses, I was sure, until I heard a blood curdling scream from the back of the house..no exaggeration, daddy was even startled and we scooted down the hall as fast as we could to find an hysterical Wyatt blubbering about Daddy's 'smelly good stuff'.  We knew immediately he had sprayed some cologne in his eye-poor baby and so now after the rinsing and drops, he was still hurting and felt an eye patch would do the trick...heehee, I LOVE being this kid's mom!
        Dad started the discussion of where to eat and before long, full vision was recovered.  We all stuffed our hungry bellies and we were off to buy some peanuts and Cracker Jacks, seriously a guy was yelling that he had 'PEANUTS and CRACKER JACKS' for sale :)    It was quite warm  but we were assured that our seats would soon be shaded...and it was, but speaking of seats, I believe we were the only lucky ones to have seats that two sets of tickets were printed and sold for..uh- oh, not good on a busy night, but after about 30 mins.. the other family who were to sit in row P, 11-15, were moved.  I had mentioned I would be glad to move us as we were perfectly  in line to catch fouls and silly me , I had forgotten my glove.  
       It truly was a beautiful night, enjoying the game, a slight breeze, the Tulsa night skyline, and Of course, some Dippin' Dots :)  It was getting slightly more difficult to relax  though as balls came  flying down towards us several times,  and right in front of me, a man bruised his hand severely by catching one.  The lucky ones we were though, another one came in a bit and three rows in front of us  an elderly woman got smacked- it was so scary and she left in an ambulance:(   
         The crowd was very controlled, and so the atmosphere, besides the whole flying fouls, was nice until bonk, Kayli gets hit in the head with a flying, empty-thank goodness, water bottle-lucky her!  She was fine and quickly distracted as the camera for the big screen caught Daddy and Wyatt waving and their  big blue eyes shining- Wyatt thought that was awesome and he felt lucky  too!   Carter had been enjoying the game and sips of Sierra Mist, but had just about had enough of the ball game stuff.. he was quite taken with Hornesby the Mascot and the visit from our old friend Blaze the Braggin' Blue Dragon- didn't take his  off of them the entire time they were in his sight.  C-man also surprisingly enjoyed his first Fireworks on Firework Friday.   The whistles that daddy had made throughout the game had Carter turning his lip down into a boohoo of a cry(because he is 'Lergic to noise, Wyatt assumed) but the  loud burst of fire seemed to amuse him.  Wyatt, however,  has never been a fan of the loudness with ear issues, so we decided we had better leave a bit before the grand finale, besides, it being our LUCKY night and all , we may have gotten hit with a firework that had gone astray if we had stayed :)
           Dawson left saying..BEST..NIGHT ..EVER..I love hearing that my kids enjoyed themselves!   The luck + God's hand saved us from major  problems that could have resulted from a huge tire that had rolled into the highway traffic on the late night drive home...whew!
          The title of this post, a song by Amy Grant was definately my song of the day yesterday!
Dawson lining up on the field before the game :)

                                    Hornesby and the boys- notice Carter's stare:>
                                         The beautiful firworks and the T-town night Sky!
                                                             Frozen by the Fireworks.
"Sissy it's too loud!"

I awoke with the feeling of being Lucky I was in love with my best friend and married to him for over a decade and feeling lucky  to be the momma of these babies having a blast on our fun, family day- so indeed, "Baby, I'm the Lucky One!"

No comments:

Post a Comment