Thursday, July 28, 2011

Baby lovin'

     As we walked down the Christmas aisle in Wally world on a cold December day in 2009, Kayli turns to me with a most serious expression and says,"Mom, the ONLY thing I Really- Super want for Christmas is a baby brother or sister".  This remark seemed to have come from  out of nowhere, although I was very aware that she was ready for a baby in the house to 'practice' on.  By practice I mean, study up and have hands on experience in learning about her life's passion- being a mommy.  She looks like her Daddy but was indeed a part of me, for that was my number one life goal as well.
      My baby girl had no clue that it had been only one week before that I had been at that very Walmart for a Clear Blue Easy test- the positive results was sure to make this wish of hers come true :)  "Santa isn't able to bring  Real Live babies" I explained to my 8 year old, " why don't ask him for one of those real baby dolls that cry and tinkle"  Rolling her eyes, she replies, "MOM, I know, duh, but I am old enough to know how it works"    GULP!  (ScArY mommy moment~was the Santa part or the where babies come from- the part she understood)    "I Know that Santa and you and dad get us stuff and since You have the babies, you can ask God for one"  WHEW..awkward chat avoided for now!  "Yes, baby, we will have to let God be in charge of that one."
         A week or two later, Daddy couldn't hold his excitement in and spilled the news to the kiddos and there was nothing but  screams of joy and  excitement for all...They were all in agreement for just a few minutes of how wonderful this adventure was going to be!  Then the name suggestions as well as the arguements began.   LUCAS was Dawson's choice (NO IDEA) and Kayli was sure she was going to get a baby sister to dress up and share with her of love shoes, so she was in agreement with me that Isabella would be perfect, and Wyatt liked Isabella (or Bella Button) as he referred  to her :)  
       This mommy was so super- duper sick ,I knew this was going to be a healthy, strong boy  from the beginning and soon the ultrasound vividly proved me right and Carter was his name-o!    Carter Louis, after my dad, Nathan Louis and his dad, Melvin Louis both great men born in the month of August,just as Carter would be.      














It's a baby!

It's  a BOY!





        On August 18th, two days before Kayli's birthday she received  a special gift, a sweet baby brother after   a  long afternoon in labor.. and the few scary moments all turned wonderful when we heard the tiny cries of a new little precious!  He seems to be growing EVEN faster the others and bigger too!  Quite a chunky monkey this guy is!   With lots of help in the house this has been a wonderful experience for us and we love  our Carter Bubz more each day.. almost a year old~ unbelieveable!    Although my baby-makin' days may be about over and this guy may indeed be the baby of the family, I have taken  advice from  Mr.  Justin Beiber and I will "NEVER SAY NEVER!"

No make-up and dressed like an Orca , just a week before he arrived.
My favorite OB in the world, Dr. Splane!
I have experienced LOVE at first sight only a few times, this is the most recent!
His birth announcement

He wasn't born in a barn, but sleeps near one!
The PERFECT PRESENT :)
Our little Buddy the Elf
Learning to crawl
My handsome boys:)
Momma gettin some baby lovin'!
            Looks like he realizes it's bedtime, heehee~ our favorite place,  rocking in his room!

No comments:

Post a Comment