Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Endless Summer nights

        Seriously??  The 4th  of July has come and gone and school starts in a month?  I truly heart the season of FALL but I am NOT ready for our Summer fun to be over yet-We haven't fit in all the fun plans!!!
        I suddenly realized this precious time is flyin' faster  than it seemed to when I was a child, I mean REALLY didn't the  days and nights seem endless, Of course, school always seemed to start too soon, but  that first exciting day back  when you had to write "What I did on my Summer Vacation" was chalked  full of fun stories for me!  Too many to fit on my little sheet of notebook paper sometimes.  Although , the Hubs does remind me that I had a "PEACHY" childhood and that I was a bit spoiled-which may be slightly true.  As an adult and mommy, I definately realize I did take for granted the luxury of having a Huge yard for all the friends on my street to play ball in and a private in-ground pool for early morning noon and night swims  in my own back yard.  A summer (country) concert happened often and ALWAYS a big vacation trip.
     I thought I should reflect a bit and recall my top memories of Summertime over my life and make sure I instill some of those same goodtimes in my babies' lives because life is short and uncertain and as my grandma said "will be over before you say scat"....making memories is important! ( getting them blogged or scrapbooked  is imperative! )

    Soo...  COOL water fun, the HOT Sun, COOL summer trips, HOT dates, walks on the beach, sleeping in late,  backyard BBQ's, sleepovers, family reunions, camps & campouts, walks on the beach (yea-I know I said it twice :) the Kiddie park,the smell of watermelon,  homemade ice cream......just a few  favorite things I think of when I remember my Summers.

I have ALWAYS been a big fan of sleepin' in late and wearing jammie's most of the day :)
 My first trip to Hollywood, eating Ice Cream on the Walk of Fame with my cousin..good times!
 The first trip I recall to my favorite place in the world, the beach!  Getting ready to Boogie Board.
                                       A HOT date...(one of the hubs & I's first dates)...look how YOUNG we looked!
                                                  The beach in Galveston  in 2000:)
                                                Our pool at the house where I grew up!
                                 Florida, a trip I took alone, during a tough time in my life before kiddos came                                along...lots of reading and  relaxing on the   beach ...ahhhhh:)))
                Kayli's first experience at the Ocean, I remember her puking sand that night :p
A highlight for us every Summer- our hometown 4th of July parade !

Baby, if you are reading this I could sure use a hot date or a walk on the beach right now ;)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like loads of fun!!

    PS - I'm still working on adult-only game night!! :)

    ReplyDelete